Monday, July 17, 2006

I Wonder....

Have I always been this clumsy? Just this morning, I have dropped the following on the floor: my contact case, two washcloths, the cap for the orange juice, the twist-tie for the bread, and my book. Is it really always this bad, or am I just more aware of it now that retrieving the dropped item involves a sumo-wrestler pose and some serious defiance of gravity?

How can we convince Twin A (I'm still working on blog names. So far I've come up with Banana Boy and Berry. Are those too lame?) to flip himself over? His sister is actually the presenting twin right now, and she's vertex, so that somewhat lessens the chance that a C-section will be necessary. Having them both vertex would be awfully, awfully nice, though. Berry seems to be similarly minded; she delivered a swift kick to her brother's face while we were watching the ultrasound on Friday. Just wait until you don't have all those membranes and amniotic fluids to protect you, buddy.

When my mom comes over to help me for a day, and I suggest that she could vacuum up the icky spiderwebs from the laundry room, and she instead spends two hours scrubbing the entire room including the floor, is she really just trying to get things back to the way she "knows" I would want them, or is she subtly pointing out that the room was never that clean even when I wasn't pregnant?

3 comments:

Jane said...

For a boy? Peanut? Or does it have to be fruit-related? I always thought that was a cute nickname... As to the flipping, I would suggest threats and bribery - same things you use after they come out.

Anonymous said...

I like Berry for the little girl. And how about Lemon or Lime for the boy. You know because they're tart. I hope he flips!

Julie said...

Hmmm, maybe I should have a contest or something. Cuz DH says referring to him as "DH" is boring, and he should have a nickname, too.

I was gonna stick with the fruit theme, but I can be open-minded (kinda).