Monday, June 12, 2006

I Feel Pretty

I've developed a twitch in my left eye. Watching myself in the mirror, I don't think it's something anyone else will notice, but it's driving me crazy and I feel like my face is one big nervous tic.

Women pregnant with multiples and women pregnant for the second or subsequent time are more likely to start leaking colostrum earlier in pregnancy. Ask me how I know.

My haircut appointment isn't until Thursday. Except for the boy-bangs, now thankfully grown out to an acceptable length, it needs to be cut NOW.

Acne sucks. Being too tired to properly wash one's face, and therefore being partially responsible for one's own acne outbreaks sucks even more.

I knew the stretch marks were coming. I know there'll be plenty more by the time we're all done. Still, bah.

If belly buttons were like those pop-up things on turkeys, it'd be time to head to the hospital. Past time, in fact.

Blah blah life-affirming pregnancy glow blah blah blah.

3 comments:

Isabel said...

This is probably NOT what you want to hear..but I'm so glad I'm not pregnant.

Here's to you feeling GREAT!

Jane said...

Blah blah pregnancy bullshit - I bet you're never doing this again, right?

Tee hee. Husband has his vasectomy on Thursday... I can't wait! It's about time *he* took one for Team Family. After the stretch marks, acne scarring (yes, it's finally fading), saggy boobs, sleepless nights, mood swings, etc. I am so over this whole motherhood thing!

It will all be over soon. Just keep reminding yourself of that.

And the colostrum? I took a shower a few days after I missed my period, and a few drops of colostrum came out. That's how I found out I was pregnant with Mouse. Freakish boobs.

Julie said...

Isabel -- fair enough. It'd be different if you weren't speaking from experience!

Jane -- SOOOOO never doing this again. DH will also be undergoing the Big V once these kids are safely born.

Maybe I should start writing lines a la Bart Simpson. "It will all be over soon. It will all be over soon. It will all be over soon."