Friday, May 06, 2005

Here I Go!

Well, I never thought I'd actually start one of these myself. But I have been reading so many others' entries, and I finally thought, "why not?"
I am a twenty-something, married, office-working mom in Minnesota. I got started reading online baby diaries on iParenting.com when I was pregnant, and I got hooked. So that's kind of what I have in mind for this blog -- to talk about my life with my husband and daughter. I'm just hoping for some conversation and new contacts. At this point I'm not even sure if I have anything interesting to talk about, but I guess part of the point is that it only has to be interesting to me!
For this first entry I suppose I should just introduce us a little more. My husband and I have been married 3 years. We both work for the same big corporation, but not together -- we would never have met at work. Actually, we have both just accepted new jobs (in the same company) that are pretty different from anything either of us has done before. I start in 2 weeks, and he starts in 3. It will be a big change for our family. Until now we've been able to drive in to work together because we both work in the same city. But now his office will be close to our house, and he can walk or ride his bike to work. And I'll have to drive alone! If anybody knows some good books-on-CD that I should check out from the library, let me know!
Our darling daughter, who just turned 1 in April, is the joy of both our lives. She has a very bright, sunny, friendly personality. She isn't really using words yet, but the one she definitely knows is "hi." And she says it all. the. time. To everyone. Too cute. Now if I could just get her to say, "Hi, Mama," my life would be just about complete.
Well, maybe that's enough to start with. Can't wait to see how this goes!

No comments: